Terry College Of Business, University Of Georgia,Atlanta
Year of Establishment:1912
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
The college was named ‘College of Business Administration’ until 1991 when it got renamed to ‘Terry College Of Business’ in honour of alumnus Herman Terry, and his wife, Mary Virginia. Mr. Terry held executive positions with several insurance firms, including president of Dependable Insurance Co. It offers more than 65,000 degrees.
The Professional MBA is meant for working professionals that need a transition in their career, but can’t afford to take a break in their profession either. The program teaches you the success factor behind every business. The complimentary factors between numbers, relationships and working under pressure is clearly covered.
Terry College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. This college holds the distinction of being continuously accredited since 1926. AACSB Accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools across the globe. Its relevance can be learnt from the fact that not more than than 5 percent of the world’s 13,000 business programs have earned this accreditation. AACSB-accredited business schools produce graduates that are highly skilled and desirable to employers worldwide.
The professional MBA from Terry College of Business is ranked 25th among public part-time MBA programs by U.S. News & World Report.
The course commences on September 16, 2019 and ends in September 18, 2021.
Verify the dates on College website.
- Economic Anaylsis for Business Leaders
- Economic Anaylsis for Business Leaders
- Analytical Tools for Decision Making
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Managerial Finance
- Marketing Management
- Information Technology And Strategy
- Operations Management
- Legal and Regulatory Environment of Business
- Global Management Strategy
- Strategic Management
Electives Include the following:
- Accounting, Finance And Real Estate
23 months duration, can be done part-time through evening or Saturday classes and online learning
part-time through evening or Saturday classes and online
- requires TOEFL for international students. IELTS is not accepted by Georgia Tech.
Read more about the TOEFL as specified by Georgia Tech
Fee structure is different for Georgia residents and non-residents.
|SEMESTER||PAYMENT||TUITION (Georgia Residents)||TUITION (Non-Residents)|
- A clear understanding of our ‘class profile’ or the industry where you own experience.
- Minimum 2 years work experience after completing a bachelor’s degree
- Your resume detailing career growth
- Two letters of recommendation (delivered online)
- Official transcripts from institution(s) where you earned your degree(s)
- GMAT or GRE scores (may be taken after you submit your application)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (if you do not hold a U.S. degree)
- $100 non-refundable application fee (paid online at time of application submission)
How To apply
- Complete the online Application
- Submit your official transcripts
F1 student visa
- International students who wish to study an academic program at a US college or university are issued F1 student visa by the US consulate or Embassy
F1 Visa Qualifications
There is a strict criterion that students need to provide in an F1 Visa Interview.
1) Foreign Residency
Students must intend to return to their foreign residence on completion of their course.
2) Sponsoring Institution
You may only study at the academic institution which has granted the visa.
3) Financial Support
Students must demonstrate adequate financial support.
4) Strong Bond with Home Country
They should demonstrate their strong bond to their homeland by providing details (but not limited to) of the following
- Assets (house, land, vehicle, etc)
- Bank Accounts
- Job Offer Letter upon Completion of Studies
You need to get a work visa if you wish to work part-time along with your study while in the USA. You could work part-time on campus at your university, once you have been added to the SEVIS database along with your Social Security Number (SSN)
If your designated school official (DSO) allows you to work, they would provide you with a letter and add your information in SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System.
You can apply for a work visa if you have approval from the officer in charge of international student affairs.
Your work permit has a duration of two years and is valid as long as you have a valid visa. You are permitted to work for 20 hours / per week, with permission to work full-time during holidays and school breaks.
You are required to have a letter from the University, a letter from your employer and Proof of age, identity and work-authorized immigration status.
Placement Assistance / Career Development
Since it is a course for the working professionals, they offer career development assistance to the students. By opting the professional MBA, students gain access to the Networking Events, Information Sessions + Interviews and Student Club Events through which they also gain access to job opportunities.
Apart from these company tours, interviews and information sessions are also conducted.