Apart from the basic admission requirements, a broadband internet connection and a device are the other major prerequisites to pursue an online MBA degree. In 2021, educational institutes, universities, and online MBA providers in the US give much importance and contemplation to online programs taking into consideration of the global pandemic.
As we all know, the pandemic has induced certain travel restrictions and this has affected the education sector too. But online MBA studies are almost fully exempted from this existing crisis.
This is due to the fact that one can pursue an online MBA irrespective of his or her location with no or less travel. And there are other benefits too which are mentioned below.
- Highly flexible – An online MBA compared to a full-time MBA is highly flexible. This means that the student can efficiently balance the work-life responsibilities. Online MBAs, in most cases, are considered by working professionals who would like to enhance their career without compromising their personal or family life. An online program also lets the student select a subject or course based on his/her taste and preferences bypassing the geographical restrictions.
- The benefit of customization – An online MBA offers effective customization of the overall program so that the student can organize and prioritize the course modules. The student can select a group of modules for a particular semester and prepare for the studies accordingly.
- Cost-Effective – An Online MBA is cost-effective compared to a full-time MBA program which is delivered at a physical campus. And the reasons are very obvious. There are no transportation and accommodation fees involved. The Online MBA program offered by the John Brown University costs $600/credit hour and this would amount to roughly $24,000 for 40 credits. The course fee of many full-time MBA programs offered by reputed institutes like Indiana University – Kelley School of Business would go beyond $ 72,000.
- Quality of MBA program – Now you need not worry too much about the quality of education when it comes to online MBA. The online MBA programs offered by reputed institutes are almost at par with their full-time counterparts as the faculty and the course curriculum involved in both are the same.
- Better chances of networking – The online MBA students get the unique opportunity to collaborate with working professionals of diverse countries or locations. The student groups often comprise of individuals from different states, countries or they might have a totally different background. The facilities like live discussions, interaction with alumni network and group projects enable an interactive and productive learning environment with tremendous networking opportunities.
- Top-notch learning facilities and technologies – An Online MBA communicates or interacts with the students via the means of various tools and technological innovations. This helps students familiarise themselves with business technology. Having expertise in business technology is much needed to efficiently run any business these days. The University of the People, California makes use of an online learning platform called “Moodle” to deliver their online lessons. The Concordia University, St. Paul Online MBA provider makes use of online learning apps like Pocket MBA and iTunes U for online learning.
Have a look at the best online MBA colleges in the US. Compare the concentrations offered, fee structure, accreditation, etc, and select the one that suits your preferences the most.